Most common question I keep hearing from girls is: “How to lose belly fat?”.
And today I would like to give you my advice and some tips!
You need to be in calorie deficit. A caloric deficit is any shortage in the amount of calories consumed relative to the amount of calories required for maintenance of current body weight. A deficit can be created by reducing input/calories consumed (lower food intake) or by increasing activity level. Calculate your calories here.
Eat Healthy. As the saying goes “abs made in the kitchen”. You can train hard & build muscular abs, but if you eat junk food all day, you won’t lose your belly fat. Stop eating processed food. Eat whole, unprocessed foods.
- Proteins: Chicken, turkey breast, tuna, ground turkey, fish, eggs, protein powders...
- Veggies. Spinach, broccoli, salad, kale, cabbage, cucumbers, bell peppers, zucchini’s...
- Fruits. Strawberries, orange, apple, pineapple, pears, blackberries...
- Fats. Olive oil, fish oil, flax seeds, peanut butter, almond butter, coconut oil, almonds..
- Carbs. Brown rice, oats, whole grain pasta, quinoa, buckwheat, sweet potatoes..
Eat Less Carbs. You need carbs for energy. Problem is that most people eat way more carbs than they need. Your body will stock the carbs it doesn’t need as fat. And this is often how you get belly. Cut back on potatoes, pasta, rice, breads, pastries, sweets, sweetened drinks (sodas).
Eat More Protein. Protein has a higher thermic effect than other foods: your body burns more energy processing proteins than it does processing carbs and fat.
Eat More Fat. Fat doesn’t make you fat. Bad nutrition and lack of exercise do. Eating fat actually helps fat loss. Your body won’t stock fat as easily if your give it a constant intake of healthy fats.
Stop Doing crunches every day. They will strengthen your core muscles, but won’t burn the belly fat.
Get Stronger. Strength training builds muscle mass, prevents muscle loss and helps fat loss. Don’t be scared to lift heavy! You won’t look manly!
I hope it's helpful!